Friday 14 June 2013

New Olay Total effect cream + serum duo review



I don't have aging issues.... yet. But I did have sun spots and hyper pigmentation problem due to sun exposure and needed to start moving away from acne creams that were over-drying my skin and start focusing on toning and moisturizing while sun-protecting my skin.
My skin is typically combination skin which means acne cream would make my cheeks dry and sun screen would make my nose forehead and chin oily and patchy :\

I was to post this review within 7 days of receiving the product ...... but I believe in fully satisfying myself before posting review....

I am always in pursuit of skincare products that will give me great results. I'm a bit of product freak I purchase skincare products right from drugstore to high end stores like dermatologist and boutiques.
I had to go out of town for 5 days and I ran out of my sun-screen and since I had to go to Kota, Rajasthan sunscreen was a must. And it was way to late to order my combination skin sunscreen from a medical store in Mumbai.
I had Olay Total Effects cream + serum (SPF 15) with me that was in a small enough packing that was easy to carry, I knew this could turn out all kinds of adventurous but I had no choice. I was about to start using this product after I came back from Rajasthan.

What official site says about product :

Olay Total Effects Cream + Serum duo - fragrance free is the most concentrated Total Effects formula for anti-aging skincare, designed to fight & signs of aging in one step, for visibly younger looking skin...

Signs of aging :

  1. Lines and wrinkles
  2. Loss of firmness
  3. Visible pores
  4. Uneven tone
  5. Uneven skin texture
  6. Dryness
  7. Dullness
Application instruction:
  • Apply liberally and gently smooth onto your face and neck.
  • Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Reapply at least every 2 hours.
  • Use water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating.

Regular use of products guarantees :


  • Skin has a soft, smooth and youthful appearance.
  • Reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
  • Protects skin with broad spectrum SPF 15.
Price : 369

Quantity : 20 gms.
Shelf life : 3 years.

My Experience :

I am in my mid twenties with combination skin. I have used the former original Olay Total Effects 7 some 2 years back and liked it as a moisturizer, although not as much to repurchase it as I found it way overpriced.

With the name olay comes a surety about the quality of the product, so I need not say anything about its quality.
Whats new in "new" Olay Total Effects 7 is the serum part and of course the SPF 15 it contains.
Look closely and you can see the swirls it makes in the bottle.... sadly no swirls when you pump it out, all you get is same white cream...no orangish swirl :( 



One pump is enough for both face and neck.

And this white cream is amazingly rich, smooth texture, get absorbed in skin as if you were never applying anything .... but if you ask my mom who is among No.1 fan of Olay products ... she loved it.

and I fell in love with this cream on my tour to Kota as I mentioned above. It is an amazing sunscreen, it just sinks in and is so comfortable to wear,other sunscreen gives you a sensation of something heavy applied on your face. My mother is already using olay total effects 7, the new one and she says "this one is as good as it comes" It is not oily in texture which makes it usable for all skin type specially for combination skin 
It does not attract dirt believe me this is a major positive point , It is good for pre-makeup moisturizer base and makes make-up last longer...
Reduces visibility of pores, wrinkles and pigmentation; which makes you look younger

The only negetive point that I found was it's SPF which should atleast be SPF 30 for India.....
I did not liked when I had to purchase a sunscreen just because I was going to water park the other day...

I would rate it 3 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment